Tuesday, February 28, 2012

30 pound challenge

I've decided to give myself a goal/challenge of loosing 30 pounds by June 23.  Why June 23?  The answer to that is simple............I'm going on vacation, why else do girls want to loose weight!  Overall goal/challenge is 60 pounds by the end of the year.

We're still in the beginning days of this challenge, but I'll let you know how I've done so far (we won't talk about the brownie I just ate though).   Sunday was two weeks since my challenge began.  As of yesterday (2 weeks 1 day) I've lost 5 pounds, 1 inch off my chest, 2 1/4 off my waist, 1 inch off my hips.

What does 5 pound of fat look like????

(this isn't me, but it does show a lovely picture of a 5 pound lump of fat)

Only 5 more of these lumps and I've met my first challenge!!


***on a side note I just learned how to move pictures and have text next to the picture, not just on top or below the picture.  Pretty cool trick!  I figured it out by accident when I was trying to center the picture.

Back to the challenge.
How are you going to loose all that weight you ask?
Why changing the way I eat silly!  I've already cut out soda (oh how I miss you Coke) and cut by salt intake in half.  I am trying to make sure I drink at least 6 12 ounce glasses of water each day and going to the Y 3 times a week.  So far I've made it two weeks and they say after three weeks of doing something it becomes a habit.......we'll see.

Oh almost forgot!  I've decided to do a 5k in May.  This one looks like so much fun!!  I actually found it on Pinterest of all places.  It's called the Color Run.  Never heard of it?  Well let me fill you in on something that looks absolutely amazing to participate in!  You have to wear a mostly white shirt to participate.  Along the route they throw different colors at you, I know sounds a little weird but stay with me here.  After each k you get a different color thrown at you  -   5k=5 colors, with me so far?  At the end of the race everyone throws up their little packet of color and you get even more colors all over you. Watch the video below and you'll see what I mean.  And best of all the entry fee goes to help a charity.  So I get to have fun and a charity gets some help.  Win win situation!

Here's that link
color run video


If you want to check out their site
the color run

If anyone would like to join in the fun, the race in Seattle will be on May 13th.  They haven't opened up registration, but I will post on here when they do and the name of our team.  I kind of like 'paint by numbers' for a team name.  What do you guys think????




1 comment: