Saturday, February 4, 2012

First Big Step

I took the first big step toward selling my handmade crafts at the local Farmer's Market yesterday.  I applied for my business license!  My little side business finally has a name too, Handmade From the Heart.  Once I get my license number I can finish filling out all the paperwork or becoming a vendor at the farmer's market.  Still working on figuring out exactly what I want to sell.  As part of the application process you have to list and submit a picture of EVERYTHING you plan on selling.  If it's not on the list you can't sell it this year.  I've got a running list, with pictures, on my computer so as I remember or come across a picture of something I am going to be making I can copy and past to the list.  I've decided to only do one weekend a month at the farmer's market.  I'm afraid that if I do more than that I may not be able to keep up with demand.  I can only crochet so many hats a week before I go crazy!

I've attempted a new craft today, reusable dryer balls.  They take the place of dryer sheets.  You can add a couple drops of whatever scent of essential oil you like and then you have a environmental friendly dryer ball.  If they come out like I'm hoping they will I'll post a picture to show you.

I also need to get my big girl panties on and pull out the flannel I bought a couple weeks ago and make boo-boo bags.  I have a 50 pound bag of corn sitting in my trunk that needs to come out (yes for those that know me, I've decided to try to keep my car clean! We'll see how long that lasts).  Boo-boo bags are little bags filled with feed corn (yes the stuff for cows) and you keep them in the freezer until you need them.  Then you have a soft cold bag for your little one's boo-boo.  I'll post pictures of those too, when I finally learn how to sew.  It's pretty sad that my almost 16 year old has been able to sew for a few years and at 36 I can't even thread the sewing machine!  Maybe I can get him to make them for me..........

No comments:

Post a Comment